Do you prefer the coast or the mountains? Lakes or vineyards? Sumptuous chateaus or crisp, white-washed villas? Whatever your ideal setting, there’s probably a show-stopping hotel to help you experience it more richly.
The Full List
1. Il Sereno Lago di Como: Torno, Italy
2. Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa: Málaga, Spain
3. Badrutt’s Palace Hotel: St. Moritz, Switzerland
4. Hotel Santa Caterina: Amalfi, Italy
5. Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni: Bellagio, Italy
6. Katikies: Santorini, Greece
7. Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco: Montalcino, Italy
8. Andronis Boutique Hotel, Santorini, Greece
9. Grace Hotel, Auberge Resorts Collection: Santorini, Greece
10. Il San Pietro di Positano: Positano, Italy
11. Andronis Arcadia: Santorini, Greece
12. Hôtel Crillon le Brave: Crillon-le-Brave, France
13. Villa d’Este: Lake Como, Italy
14. Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc, Oetker Collection: Cap d’Antibes, France
15. Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa: Champillon, France
Il Sereno Lago di Como: Torno, Italy
When Il Sereno came on to the Lake Como scene in 2016, hopes were high, given the stylish reputation established by its St. Bart’s property.
The intimate 40-suite property has met — and exceeded — expectations Located in the village of Torno on the lake’s southeastern shore, the sleek walnut-and-stone building by Spanish architect Patricia Urquiola stands out among the Como grand dames. The fine dining restaurant Il Sereno al Lago received one Michelin star in 2023 and the spa is housed inside an old boathouse with water views. Outside, stunning landscaped gardens, a sparkling pool, and the gently lapping waves of the lake beckon, with exclusive boat ride experiences available to complete the ultimate Lake Como experience.